December 2013 Issue:
by Ancient Future Past, Present, and Future Leader Matthew Montfort with Apologies to Charles Dickens
I HAVE endeavoured in this Spooky little spoof, to raise the Spirit of a solution to Silicon Skulduggery, which shall not put my readers out of humour with themselves, with each other, with the season, with their religions, or with me. The Culprits' names are but metaphors for what Man must improve upon, and have been changed to protect the Guilty in hopes they may change their ways. Though it be lengthy for a dispatch of the Digital Age, may it haunt the Interwebs pleasantly.
Torrent Pirate was dead, to begin with. There is no doubt whatever about that. Etherseizer Scrooogle and he were partners for who knows how many years. Scrooogle was his search partner, his ad agency, his friend, and his mourner.
Scrooogle is what the politically astute would call a person of corporate heritage. As was Pirate. Nobody ever stopped them in the street to say, with gladsome looks, "My dear Pirate and Scrooogle, how are you?" Read the full story.
"At this festive season of the year, Mr. Scrooogle," said the gentleman, "it is more than usually desirable that we should make some slight provision for the Musicians. Many are in want of common necessaries to practice their craft. A few of us are endeavouring to raise a fund to buy them some means of production. We choose this time, because it is a time, of all others, when Want is keenly felt, and Abundance rejoices. What shall I put you down for?"
"Nothing!" Scrooogle replied. Read on.
While Scrooogle and the other tech titans are not currently interested in supporting the creation of the content they exploit, you, the dear reader may certainly do so. The Archive of Future Ancient Recordings is a collection of new recordings that are available to supporters as they are created.
Recording Newsletter. $15 (receive 128 kbps downloads): Subscribe @ $15. Download Supporter. $25 (320 kbps downloads): Subscribe @ $25. Limited Edition CD Sponsor. $50 (all previous plus CD quality audio): Subscribe @ $50. Honorary A & R Representative. $75 (all previous plus video and 24 bit audio): Subscribe @ $75. Donor VIP. Make Additional Donation.
Scrooogle Spoke of an Ancient Future Reunion Concert
"I am the Ghost of the Ancient Future Past. Rise, and walk with me!" When they entered, preparations for a concert were under way. In came a fiddler with a music-book, and went up to the stage and warmed up, his fingers moving like fifty buzzing bees. In came all the other young musicians with their instruments, bounding to the stage and readying to perform. Read on.
"I am the Ghost of the Ancient Future Present," said the Spirit. "Listen upon me!" Scrooogle reverently did so. "You have never heard the likes of this before!" exclaimed the Spirit. Read on.
- Planet Passion by Ancient Future. Ancient-Future.Com Records AF-2010. List $17.98. Sale: $10. Buy 1 Now. (>youtube.)
- Sangria by Mariah Parker. Ancient-Future.Com Records AF-2017. List $17.98. Sale: $10. Buy 1 Now. (>youtube).
- Seven Serenades for Scalloped Fretboard Guitar by Matthew Montfort. Ancient-Future.Com Records AF-2008. List $17.98. Sale: $10. Buy 1 Now. (>youtube).
- Sympathetic Serenade by Matthew Montfort. Ancient-Future.Com Records AF-2012. Signed EP CD-R. List $12.98. Sale: $10. Buy 1 Now. (>youtube).
- Ancient Traditions–Future Possibilities by Matthew Montfort. Book/Enhanced CD set with MIDI Soundfiles. List $69.95. Sale: $52.95. Add optional Skype lesson for $50 ($60 List). Buy 1 Now.
"Ghost of the Ancient Future Yet to Come!" Scrooogle exclaimed, "Will you not speak to me?" Read the full story.
Northern California Tour with World Guitar Pioneer Matthew Montfort and Tabla Virtuoso Vishal Nagar
- Friday, January 10, 8 pm, The Sunflower Center at Lydia's Organics, 1435 N. McDowell Blvd., Suite 100, Petaluma, California 94954. Tix: $12 advance, $15 door. Advance tix at eventbrite.com. Info: Call 707-792-5304 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. In Your Facebook Event. Press Release. Tour Poster.
- Saturday, January 11, 2014, 8 pm, Trinity Chamber Concerts, Trinity Chapel, 2320 Dana Street between Bancroft Way & Durant Avenue, Berkeley, CA 94704. Tix: $15 general, $10 senior/disabled/student. No one turned away for lack of funds. Info and reservations: 510-549-3864 or email email@example.com. In Your Facebook Event. Press Release. Tour Poster.
- Sunday, January 12, 2014, 7 pm, Don Quixote's International Music Hall, 6275 Highway 9, Felton, CA 95018. Tix: $12 advance, $15 door. Info: Call 831-603-2294 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. In Your Facebook Event. Press Release. Tour Poster.
"I will live in the Ancient Future Past, the Ancient Future Present, and the Ancient Future Yet to Come!" Scrooogle repeated, as he scrambled out of bed." Read on.